Thursday, July 28, 2011

Reinventing the wheel...sorta

So at work (i'm on my lunch break) I started putting pens in my shirt pocket. I say "started" I've done it a few times scattered throughout my 6 months here. And today I am sporting the pen in my shirt. It made sense since I am in meetings where I need to be able to whip out a pen quickly and write something down, but I don't want to forget it or keep playing with it.

Anyway, I just got a gel pen from our supply cabinet because I here people praising the greatness of a gel pen all the time, but I have never gotten into it, so I wanted to try again. And as I put the pen in my shirt pocket I thought to myself: "What if the pen clicks open and draws all over my shirt? Or worse, what if it busts and ink spills all over my shirt?!? I really ought to put some sort of covering or pouch to put my pens in to protect my pocket...."

That is correct, I just thought of the idea for a pocket protector. Like I said, reinventing the wheel. My next thought was "I am such a nerd." But I still think the idea of a pocket protector actually makes sense when you need it. So I may be a nerd, but I don't have a big ink blot on my shirt. :)

And for the reference, I never got the protector, I just thought about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment