Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Intimacy with God

So at work one of my many roles as a process engineer is to create drawings of the process that I am designing. The two sets of drawings that I am most familiar with are called Process Flow Diagrams (PFD) and Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&ID). I know that those don't mean anything to most of you, but it is just a set up, so follow me.

For the project that I am on right now, I am actually drawing these diagrams. Like I literally sit the with a pencil and ruler and eraser (for my many mistakes) and draw every line. We finally issued our first set of P&IDs the other day. I was looking through them with a co-worker today and noticed how much I knew about the drawings. I mean, I drew every line, every valve. I know this drawing back and forth. I know its purpose and the purpose of everything on the drawing. I am intimate with these drawings. I know them well because I made them.

In the same way, God made me. He formed me purposely and knows my purpose. He is intimate with me. His knowledge of me goes beyond what I could even imagine knowing about these drawings. This is intimacy.

I can rest knowing that God knows me so well. He knows me more than I will ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment